Monday, October 5, 2009

Under the Sea... Under the Sea... - July 2006

This is one of the Ariel (Little Mermaid) themed cakes I made for my daughter, Cara's, 7th birthday.  (See the It's... a... Dinglehopper! post for information and more pictures of the other cake and some cookies that I also made for the party.) 

Ariel, The Little Mermaid, King Triton's Castle Cake 1

Ariel, The Little Mermaid, King Triton's Castle Cake 2

King Triton's Castle Cake with Treasure Chest Cake

The main part of the King Triton's Castle cake is made using one cake I baked in a batter bowl and one smaller cake I baked in a big glass measuring cup.  The towers on the castle were baked in regular and mini ice cream cones, then I peeled away the cone to use the cake that was formed inside.  All the cake was iced using buttercream icing.

The seaweed around the cake is a green fruit roll-up that I cut and twisted.  The only non edible items on Triton's castle are the thin spires which are toothpicks covered in icing, and then Ariel, Triton, Sebastian, and Flounder are pictures printed out from the computer that I laminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...